Everyone has that spontaneous adventure seeker on their holiday shopping list. You know, the one who knows the best places to explore, the most exceptional restaurants to eat at, and where to find unique experiences.
They are vivacious, fun, and find “the unknown” to be exciting! They are also impossible to shop for. What do you buy for someone who is only interested in collecting memories and doesn’t want tangible things? Have you guessed where we are going with this? (hint!)
Gift them with a surprise road trip that they can look forward to in southwestern Ontario curated by the experts at Guess Where Trips! Each Guess Where Trips itinerary was created to inspire people to step out of their comfort zones and try something they’ve never done before. All while encouraging local travel that supports local businesses.
Departure from areas around Sarnia, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, or Toronto is recommended for these trips. See maps below for a general idea of where you will visit but remember guessing where you will go is part of the fun.
- A "Before You Go" guide with a packing list, approximate driving distances and more tips for a day trip.
- A series of four envelopes that will make up a day’s itinerary with recommended roadside stops along the way.
- Exclusive "Guess Where" discounts and incentives at select businesses.
- Restaurant, attractions and activity recommendations based on the trip style.
Photo courtesy of Guess Where Trips Social Media Manager, Eleni Kyri.
Here are 3 of our favourite Guess Where Trips you can purchase now that will make the perfect gift for the adventurous person in your life.
The An Adventure is Brewing itinerary is best experienced from late-May to early-October! It's takes you on the perfect summer adventure filled with lavender fields (mid-June to mid-July), funky hidden gems, beaches and unique wineries and breweries.
Trip Highlights for An Adventure is Brewing:
- Unique breweries & wineries.
- Some country shops and markets.
- A fun beach town to soak up the sun.
- A couple of lighthouses to snap a photo.
While we can't give away the specifics on where this trip will lead, here is a general map that shows the region.
The Secrets in the South itinerary is best experienced from June to October! With funky markets, scenic roads and the most picturesque towns, you'll love all of the secrets you discover on the road.
Trip Highlights for the Secrets in the South:
- Scenic hikes with some non-hiking alternatives.
- A countryside winery.
- A beach town with a couple of secrets.
- A seasonal lavender farm on a picturesque property.
As you probably guessed, we're keeping the final destination under wraps, but to give you a taste of what's in store, here's a map outlining the area.
This outdoorsy road trip is full of spooky spots set along a picturesque driving route. A few local eateries and trails are sprinkled throughout the day to keep your energy up while ghost hunting. It's recommended that you do the Beautifully Haunted itinerary from April - December, but if you want to be a rebel and go outside of those months, you'll still have a great time!
Trip Highlights for Beautifully Haunted:
- An abandoned ghost town & cemetery.
- A rural and picturesque driving route.
- Tons of spooky outdoor adventures.
- A lighthouse with a tragic story.
Once again, we're keeping the details hush-hush, but here is a general map of the area for this trip.
Looking for even more unique ways to escape the city for a local getaway? Browse our collection of experiences and itineraries that have been specially crafted for adventurous souls craving the kind of connection that can only be found off the beaten path.