Responsible Traveller Pledge
We are happy to welcome visitors to experience the beauty and memories that our home has to offer. As a way to ensure Ontario’s Southwest can continue to be enjoyed by future generations, we ask that you please sign the Responsible Traveler Pledge.
- Embrace “land stewardship” and leave all places in a better state than when I originally arrived by respecting the land as a community that I belong to and acknowledging that resources must be replenished.
- Acknowledge that the land you are visiting originally belonged to the Indigenous Peoples.
- Respect all living beings I interact with, no matter their background.
- Work towards reducing my carbon footprint and be aware of the waste produced during my travels by only using what I need.
- Choose to purchase souvenirs that are made locally and dine at restaurants that support the local economy (even if other options are cheaper).
- Educate myself about a destination by doing research before arriving, taking a step back to observe while visiting, and continuing to support the community that welcomed me by informing others of how to enjoy its beauty sustainably.
- Be aware of my surroundings and understand that all my actions while traveling have a social, environmental, and economic impact.
By signing this pledge, I am taking responsibility for the influence my actions and inactions have and understand the importance of doing my best to be more aware of the impact that myself and any travel companions may have while exploring Ontario’s Southwest.
If you'd like to sign the pledge, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.