Take off on a scenic cycling trip along the St. Clair River.
This three or four-day ride begins and ends in Sarnia taking riders on a scenic cycle along the St. Clair River for the first day.On the second and third days, riders get to explore the region’s rural roots as well as the area’s fascinating ties to the Underground Railroad and Canada’s oil industry. Riders who want more waterside cycling can add a day to their trip and opt for the Grand Bend extension, which offers a long stretch of Lake Huron shoreline.
When it’s time for a break, this route has plenty to offer. Cyclists can enjoy best-in-class beaches, antique shops, interesting museums and National Historic Sites, live theatre, farmer’s markets, and great local restaurants and cafés. Parking is available at booked accommodation in Sarnia or Port Edward, or at Sarnia’s Ontario Travel Information Centre on Venetian Blvd.
- Total Distance: 166 km, or 262 km with optional route extension to Grand Bend
- Suggested Ride and Touring Itinerary: 3 days, 2 nights (extension for 4th day offered)
- Daily Ride Distance Average: 56 km
- Experience Level: Moderate to experienced
- Route Surface: Primarily paved with small segments of off-road paved trails. Alternate route options offer gravel roads and paved and dirt trails.
- Road Riding Route Map
- Alternate Ride Route Map